Preparing for a funeral
WHEN WILL THE FUNERAL TAKE PLACE?
- After making the funeral arrangements, the funeral will be held after approximately seven working days.
- Prior to the funeral, it will need to have been arranged and booked via the church/crematorium of choice.
- To consider and confirm every possible option, a meeting will be held either in our premises or in the comfort of your own home.
- Here, we will let you know the earliest possible time that the funeral can take place.
- Within reason, the date of the funeral is down to yourself/your family. For example, you/they may wish to avoid birthdays or other family occasions to ensure that the celebration of life can provide as much closure as possible.
BURIAL OR CREMATION?
- More often than not, a burial costs more than cremation.
- When choosing a burial, you need to make the choice of a preferred cemetery or churchyard to be buried in and secondly, will it be a new grave or using an existing one?
- Burial graves can be opened to have enough space for two to three people.
- If there is an existing family grave to be re-opened, we will need details so that we can locate the grave.
- Cremations are often less expensive than burials.
- If you choose a cremation is chosen, we need to know which is your preferred crematorium?
Our local crematoriums are as follows; Wigan Crematorium, Howe Bridge Crematorium, St. Helens Crematorium and Walton Lea Crematorium.
CAN I CHOOSE A MEMORIAL FOR THE GRAVE?
Individual cemeteries/churchyards have different regulations on memorials at the grave. If you have any questions regarding this that we will be more than happy to offer our assistance.